Saturday, December 3, 2011

Observation 4 Adrian Campos

When Observing Adrian I was just so impressed with his tone and how he sings.  He has a really nice baritone voice.  I noticed he was struggling also to get in his head voice and pushing more than not thing about the lighter and less forceful way of sing into your head voice.  I think also having a the mouth bigger and the soft pallet higher will also help Adrian with the head voice.  I though he did a great job with the diction in his italian piece.  I observed that memorization was hard for him a little bit and I would say that if you take chunks at a time or a phrase a time and build upon it you will be able to memorize quicker.  Also another way is to write the words down from the song and then sing them in the rhythm of the song.  I also noticed that some of the consonants where not as clear and a good excercise for that would be a duck a duck a or today today today because that gets your articulator moving you tongue and also helps with flexibility and agility.  Overall it was a really good lesson to observe!

1 comment:

  1. Great observation, Will. I appreciate your attention to detail....as well as your input into Adrian's lessons!

    ReplyDelete