Saturday, December 3, 2011

Observation 2 Eric Klima

When Observing Eric I was so impressed with his diction for Italian and German.  I also noticed is sound is alot more resonant.  I did notice some tension in the neck or even maybe in the shoulders with moving back and forth which maybe a sign of tension and worry or habit.  I also though he did a great job using the legato and was connecting every word or phrase together in the songs he sang.  I was seeing some pushing in the voice a little bit when it got high in the register and in order to make sure you are not pushing you got to think lighter and a more not as heavy sound like you are bowling and just rolling the ball very slowly but still following through and not letting go.  Overall I thought Eric's lesson was very good and it was incredible to see so much improvement in the lesson as well!

1 comment:

  1. Will,

    Great observation! You have hit the nail on the head---Eric and I have been working toward a free and resonant sound without creating a false or "covered" sound---your young men (especially the low voices) and your young mezzo sopranos will frequently do this.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete