Saturday, December 3, 2011

Observation 3 Katie Hansen

When observing Katie Hansen I was just astonished of how mature sounding her voice is and how professional it is.  Her vocal tone is like butter it is very pleasant to listen too.  One thing that I noticed with Katie is how much her mouth is open the whole time and I rarely see her soft pallet go down which I though was awesome!  The one thing that struck me was modifing E vowell to an I vowell when it gets higher in the register I know that I have been working on this too in my lessons and in practicing as well.  I though Katie has improved so much in her chest voice range because I know that is especially hard for ladies and it hard for men to use there head voice.  Another thing that I thought was incredible was her breathing in the space was amazing.  It gave me goosebumps evertime she did it!

1 comment:

  1. Again, another wonderful observation! I really appreciate your attention to the vowel modification...that is one thing that Katie and I have been focusing on for true consistency. She will frequently "pinch" the vowel by trying to sing it in its closed form, rather than creating space in the jaw and letting the vowel move to its open counterpart. Keep this in mind when you are working with young women. They have the same struggles as the men do!

    ReplyDelete