Saturday, December 3, 2011

Observation 1 Jill Stara

When observing Jill I saw a huge improvement with her mouth space from observing her lesson and in studio it was incredible and to hear so much more resonants was also incredible.  I was very excited about that!  It is so different when our soft pallet collapses when we sing it does not sounds as good.  I also observed some clipping with the dipthongs like like and also on some two syllable words.  A way to help that would to elongate them to the next word or phrase.  I also really enjoyed tonal emotion as well when she sang because it felt like the mood of the piece.  I would say one thing to work on is going from the musical expression to also the facial expression of what the text is about and how to portrait that in a story.  I thought Jill did a wonderful job and has improved so much!

1 comment:

  1. Again, another wonderful observations! You and Jill have the diphthong issue in common---it is good for you to hear another person working on what you are also striving to do!

    ReplyDelete