Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 6 of practicing

This week I worked on alot!  I worked on my diction in my french piece and my legato phrasing with no h's that would interupt the vocal folds in Si trai ceppi.  I also went over I wonder as I wander.  In order to not create h's while I am singing I open up my mouth so the soft plalet does not close and it is easier for me to make the phrasing more legato and connective.  It was a good week of practicing, I just need to keep on reinforcing those habits of mine with legato phrasing and no clipping off words.  Hope everyone else had a good week of practicing as well!

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased about your progress, Will. You have really taken practicing and the seriousness of being a singer to another level! I think that you are beginning to experience true success, and more importantly, consistency. I would be very interested in knowing what your practice patterns look like. Would you keep a simple record of how often and how long your practice this week? I think this is also a great example for fellow classmates.

    Keep up the great work!
    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete