Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Week 9

Hello again!  Well still making really good progress.  Really trying to fine tune all my songs and really making sure that the rhythms and the words fall on that particular rhythm.  I am also trying to work on getting out of the Phil trap.  I need to think more legato and more like a horse rider, Or I think another analogy is a duck on water.  Well progress is coming along and I am getting really excited for my Jury and to see family and friends and teachers who have supported with no end who I am greatly appreciative of.  Tata for now!

1 comment:

  1. YES! Stay out of the Phil-Trap! You have made so many improvements, Will. Keep in mind that sometimes as singers we tend to over-analyze our technique. Part if it is to be natural and "real." Keep a calm body, be "aware" of your surroundings and how you fit into the environment (are you leaning forward? What about your neck, etc.). Have you thought about video taping one of your rehearsals with Phil? I think that would be a brilliant idea to see EXACTLY how you look when you perform. I know that I changed several things whenever I saw myself perform!
    Just a few things to chew on! Keep up the great work!
    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete